My Leadership Compass at a glance:
- Christian worldview
- Designed for 10th, 11th, and 12th graders, as well as advanced 9th grade students
- Interesting journey-themed text includes:
- Teen-relevant topics
- Leadership-focused principles
- Content-supporting activities
- Tailored for homeschool (individual and groups)
- Tailored for schools (small groups or large groups)
- Teacher Edition includes:
- Entire student text
- Answers to questions and solutions to the activities
- Excellent parent-teacher helps and resources
- Comprehensive 90-day lesson plan
- Minimal parent-teacher preparation
- All-inclusive; if materials are required, they are “typical” household/classroom items
- Rich content means there is no need to augment curriculum
- In-depth daily lessons are rigorous
- Lessons are structured for 52 minutes
- Option: structured for 90 days; easily converted to a 180-day course
- Minimal parent-teacher preparation
- Expected outcomes:
- Identify and apply characteristics of a true leader
- Discuss and demonstrate integrity
- Define physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual boundaries and examine failed and maintained boundaries
- Identify and prioritize principles of managing money and time
- Demonstrate an understanding of faulty reasoning and clear communication
- Select, organize, plan, and carry out a project using SMART principles
- Design and deliver a Capstone Presentation
- Explore, discover, and begin to develop personal strengths and God-given abilities as student(s) learn to lead, mentor, give back, and more importantly, uncover who they are in Christ
- Your student(s) will be challenged to grow, excel, and as a result, impact the world
True leaders are those who combine an excellent education with a devotion to living life well. It is for this reason that we developed My Leadership Compass: A Christ-Centered High School Curriculum. It is a parent-teacher friendly curriculum designed to foster exploration, discovery, and development of true leadership.
Throughout the course, there are materials for discussion and discovery, along with opportunities for application. The Course Profile (in Teacher Edition) includes a brief organizational synopsis and a legend of icons to assist. The activities, scriptures, and quotes are designed to draw each student out in challenging ways, and to make the course more of a journey to anticipate and enjoy. We suggest the course grade be based on engagement with the material as there are no formal assessments included. It is necessary for your student(s) to have a Bible with them to complete each day’s work.
Solid leadership and My Leadership Compass are rooted and grounded in boundaries and integrity. These difficult yet vital, complex, and life-changing concepts and principles are interwoven throughout this Christ-centered leadership text.
To have an excellent education is a noteworthy goal, one that will greatly benefit your student(s) and, prayerfully, the world at large. However, fusing academic excellence with true leadership reaches another dimension altogether. Those who choose to be all they are created to be and to foster the same in others can reach heights not bound by time—namely, eternity.
Let the exploration, discovery, and growth begin!
This leadership curriculum, although threaded with biblical principles and truths throughout, is not intended to replace a Bible curriculum. While some scripture is included, in order to maximize the effectiveness of this course, access to a Bible while working through this text is required.
My Leadership Compass: A Christ-Centered High School Curriculum is a culmination of the authors’ experiences and education. The information is provided to foster the three concurrent parallel journeys of the reader, specifically, the journeys of leadership, personal development, and spiritual growth. My Leadership Compass: A Christ-Centered High School Curriculum, in whole or in part, is not intended to replace or be interpreted as pastoral, therapeutic, or professional counseling.