My Leadership Compass At-A-Glance:
- Christian worldview
- Designed for 10th, 11th, and 12th graders, as well as advanced 9th grade students
- Interesting journey-themed text includes:
- Teen-relevant topics
- Leadership-focused principles
- Content-supporting activities to accommodate one or many students
- Teacher Edition includes:
- Entire student text
- Answers to questions and activities
- Excellent parent-teacher supports
- Comprehensive 90-day lesson plan
- Minimal parent-teacher preparation
- In-depth daily lessons are rigorous, yet structured for 52 minutes each
- The rigorous content of the daily lessons could easy be converted to a 180-day course
- All-inclusive; no materials for the parent-teacher to gather, no need to augment content
- Minimal parent-teacher prep and oversight required
- Expected outcomes:
- Identify and apply characteristics of a true leader
- Discuss and demonstrate integrity
- Define physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual boundaries and examine failed and maintained boundaries
- Identify and prioritize principles of managing money and time
- Demonstrate an understanding of faulty reasoning and clear communication
- Select, organize, plan, and carry out a project using SMART principles
- Design and deliver a Capstone Presentation
- Explore, discover, and begin to develop personal strengths and God-given abilities as they learn to lead, mentor, give back, and more importantly, uncover who they are in Christ
- Your student will be challenged to grow, excel, and as a result, impact the world
True leaders are those who combine an excellent education with a devotion to living life well. It is for this reason that we developed My Leadership Compass: A Christ-Centered High School Curriculum. It is a parent-teacher friendly curriculum to foster exploration, discovery, and development in true leadership.
Throughout the course, you will find material for discussion and discovery, along with opportunities for application. The Course Profile includes a brief organizational synopsis and a legend of icons to assist you each day. The activities, scriptures, and quotes are designed to draw each student out in challenging ways, and to make the course more of a journey to anticipate and enjoy. We suggest the course grade be based on engagement with the material as there are no formal assessments included. It is necessary for your student to have a Bible with them to complete each day’s work.
Solid leadership and My Leadership Compass are rooted and grounded in boundaries and integrity. These difficult yet vital, complex, and life-changing concepts and principles are interwoven throughout this Christ-centered leadership text.
To have an excellent education is a noteworthy goal, one that will greatly benefit your student and, prayerfully, the world at large. However, fusing academic excellence with true leadership reaches another dimension altogether. Those who choose to be all they are created to be and to foster the same in others can reach heights not bound by time—namely, eternity.
We want you to know that we support you in all your efforts as you journey alongside your student. Let the exploration, discovery, and growth begin!